Monday 17 May 2010

Here I go...


Seeing the picture of a night life of Thamel reminds me of some of the past moments that I had undergone through while my stay back in Nepal. Though I am not a nocturnal freak, the rare night outings would provide me the joy of orgasm, the ecstasy of watching night stars and the hustle and bustle of markets. I remember the night out with my fellow friends, partying out, returning home late night intoxicated with 'tolerable' drinks. I also remember the night when I danced with my friends on the eve of New Year at Thamel. The latest was the first experience of the kind as is against my nature to participate in wild parties.

The night spent at a hotel along with three other friends at Manakamana was memorable too, not to mention the rare walk at the abandoned streets of Panauti or the return from a party at UWTC that is still etched on my mind as a fresh morning dew. Venturing out at the middle of the dead night along the narrow walks of Old Baneshwor reminds me of the last world cup football. The experience also involves the nights when I used to be riveted with the feeling of fear and anxiety for having to return home from Shangri-La at pitch dark night, avoiding the sounds of scary street greyhounds.

The joy to be at home highly outweighs the professional life burdened with works n studies at a faraway place. It seems like yesterday but its been nearly 2 years since I last enjoyed the panorama of homeland's beauty. It often hounds my brain the necessity to grave the life's pleasures in a pit of burden, responsibilities and accountabilities. The other part of brain consoles me to work on my career, to foresee a bright future on the horizon. Future is uncertain but still, I am happy, contended and pursuing my own way of life.

No comments: