Friday 19 February 2010

Mixed Feelings

I am feeling fresher and jubilant. I can remember myself going through uneasiness and depression yesterday but my moody nature brought me back to normality. I am euphoric and over the moon. I am reinvigorated and re-energised, listening to the best songs I have ever heard, bringing back those past cherishing moments into memory, digging all the melancholic moments into the grave. Yes, indeed: I am what I was and what I want to be.

Being faraway from all the near and dear ones, I have learned and adapted to survive on memories. Being occupied and engaged almost round the clock, I utilise the rare but wonderful spare times diving into my own e-world. Here I remember the famous Danish soft rock band-Michael Learns to Rock (MLTR), whose song I am currently listening to. Every time I hear their song, the past memories strike my mind. I picturise those fun-filled school days in mind.

I am also remembering the love I had with Kathmandu while staying away from the capital. Having visited it for the first time while in summer vacation during class one and the next back during class 6, the dream to see the Kathmanduites hanging around in parks and busy roads often thrilled myself while spending the schooling in Biratnagar. Funny as it may sound now, I used to stare at buses plying towards Kathmandu from Biratnagar fanatically driving myself into the thoughts of being inside it some day. I thought those drivers and conductors to be lucky enough to daily visit the 'mesmerising city' (I thought at least during those days). May be due to the immense love I had towards Kathmandu, I still remember everything-the places I visited, the people I talked to, the museum, temples-everything during this first ever visit. Had stayed for a month in Gaushala. I even remember the name of bus that took me to my dream city for the first time-Satkar Travels, the blue and white striped bus (If I remember correctly). The whole night I gazed and gazed out of window, saw the trees pass by. I also remember myself peeing out of the moving bus while on return. Funny was it indeed. Still, I love Kathmandu-the entrepreneurial hub and a bustling city apart from all the negatives.

No comments: